Follow these simple instructions and you can keep your pieces as fresh as the day you purchased them.
Always a YES:
- 1) Put your jewelry on a few minutes after you’ve put on your perfume, hairspray, makeup, and lotions. You’ll find you won’t have to clean it as often.
- 2) Polish your jewelry with a soft cloth anytime you feel it could use a pick-me-up (dust and fingerprints tend to diminish jewelry over time).
- 3) Store in a dry place such as a felt lined jewelry case, a soft pouch, or soft tissues so your pieces don’t scratch or dent against each other.
- 4) Take your opal jewelry off before taking a shower or cleaning dishes. These are more delicate than diamonds.
- 1) Don’t swim with your jewelry. Chlorine + Fine Jewelry = Not friends.
- 2) Don’t store in proximity with domestic cleaning products. Household chemicals + Fine Jewelry = Not friends.
- 3) Don’t wear your jewelry when doing manual tasks: cleaning the house, gardening, and kitchen work to prevent contact with chemicals and to avoid scratching.
- 4) Please don’t remove your jewelry by a sink or a toilet to reduce the risk of jewelry going falling down drains.
- 5) Don’t yank your jewelry off by the gemstone. It will not damage the jewelry but may loosen the setting over time.
Diamond Jewelry Cleaning Special Instructions:
- 1) A bowl of warm (not hot water) with two drops of ordinary dish detergent is the best way to clean your jewelry at home. Using a very soft brush, scrub where dust can collect. Just rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- 2) A home ultrasonic spa cleaner for your diamond jewelry can be used. Do NOT put your opal jewelry in it. See care instructions for your opal jewelry below.
- 3) If you can, take it to a professional jeweler for cleaning.
Opal Jewelry Cleaning Special Instructions:
- 1) Clean opal jewelry 6 times a year to prevent oil and dirt build up.
- 2) Never put it in an ultrasonic cleaner.
- 3) Make a mixture of ½ a cup of warm (never hot) water and two small drops of mild and unscented dish soap and lather up. Place the opals in this solution for a few seconds and swish it around to clean.
- 4) Gently pat dry with a soft cloth.
- 5) Store in an area that’s not overheated and do not store under hot lights. You can store in a plastic bag along with a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.